- Newsweek designer defends his controversial tech sexism cover – – (dh a&e visual_argument visual_culture )
- Blogging is very much alive — we just call it something else now — Tech News and Analysis – a shift from a place where we publish our stuff and a blogospherical network to your own little corner of the market. – (weblogs blogging en3177 socialnetworking socialm )
- [toread] Reflections from the Trenches in the Cloud: Temporal Differences – – (none)
- Hashtags Hammer Grammar (or Not) – Lingua Franca= – This is more a remark on the rhetorical use of the hashtag in tweets than the grammatical construction of it – and that's at the center of the "It follows no rules!" whinge. It does, but they are rhetorical guidelines, not grammatical rules.
- The Fickle Fame of Twitter – Boing Boing – One for the #en3177 crowd on getting a handle on Twitter. "I’ve since used my twitter – which was changed to @inthefade last year – for self-serving good by promoting my freelance writing, but I’ve also realized twitter’s potential for worldly good by utilizing it to launch to a toy drive for children affected by Sandy. That – five years after I joined twitter – was probably the moment in which I realized what a vast social media reach can be used for." – (twitter socialmedia socialnetworking #en3177 )
- Calling open access academic book publishers: How authors and publishers could make a modest profit | Impact of Social Sciences – – (oer )
- #fuckyouwashington « BuzzMachine – The start of the #fuckyouwashington hashtag escspade. How a hash gets started and moving. – (twitter hashtag erhetoric #en3177 )
- No one owns a hashtag « BuzzMachine – From the originator of #fuckyouwashington, which created a minor hashblurp. Some thoughts on how the tag functions socially. – (twitter hashtag # fyw fyc erhetoric en3177 )
- Losing interest in social media: there is no there there – George Siemans placing social media (FB, Twitter, g+) in its place. Ephemeral. Distribution. Theres a place for the ephemeral, the emotive, but the considered work is foundational. I was thinking the same thing – even g+ is California – but more as a matter of pace and obligation: g+ and others demand a pace and regularity that I’m just not interested in engaging. Nor are many of my students.”What has Twitter and Facebook done for me? Nothing, really. Other than perhaps attending to my emotive needs of being connected to people when I’m traveling and whining.
Put another way, Twitter/Facebook/G+ are secondary media.” – (Twitter g+ FB socialmedia socialnetworking social_obligations scholarship2.0 )
- stevenberlinjohnson.com: The Glass Box And The Commonplace Book – – (mashup literacy books commonplacebook copyright ipad socialpractices )
- apophenia » Blog Archive » Facebook and “radical transparency” (a rant) – radical transparency.” In short, Kirkpatrick argues that Zuckerberg believes that people will be better off if they make themselves transparent. Not only that, society will be better off. (We’ll ignore the fact that Facebook’s purse strings may be better off too.) My encounters with Zuckerberg lead me to believe that he genuinely believes this, he genuinely believes that society will be better off if people make themselves transparent – (facebook privacy socialmedia socialnetworking credibility fyc )
- Logic+Emotion: We Are The Media. Do We Trust Media? – Given that we are all acting like media now, look at who we trust and how and why. – (socialpractices socialnetworking socialmedia )
- Welcome to Stephen’s Web ~ Stephen’s Web ~ by Stephen Downes – – (onlinelearning ple vle web2.0 webdesign )
- MSK – Moleskine – Moleskine has gone hybrid with templates and generators to add print and web data to your journals. – (moleskine generator diy printing notebook writing notebooks paper design )
- Overview | Pew Internet – reports reduction in blogging from teens – Blogging is less popular among teens than it has been, with social networking sites rising. That can make blogging all the more useful in teaching as it becomes further differentiated as a medium from other media. – (en3177 erhetoric blogging socialnetworking )