A little refresher course in lit crit 101. Well chosen articles that lead us back to Richards, Sontag, even Pound and Eliot.
- Pigeons and Personalization: The Histories of “Personalized Learning” – Take your pick, says Audrey. Show your politics.
> But “personalization” is not simply how we cope with our desire for individuality in an age of mass production, of course. It’s increasingly how we’re sold things. It’s how we are profiled, how we are segmented, how we are advertised to. – (education globalcapitalism )
- Donald Trump Poisons the World – With toxic positioning – Trump's "cleareyed outlook that the world is not a ‘global community’ but an arena where nations, nongovernmental actors and businesses engage and compete for advantage" makes the global community a global hallucination. Asserts the only position is his. Closes debate. Explains his spectacle. Illustrates how politics differs from business. Assigns us each our role. – (trump rhetoric politics globalcapitalism )
- A Parallax Reading of Roethke’s “My Papa’s Waltz” | samplereality – Bringing close reading into focus. Method! – (modernism litcrit DH )
- Almost There … Virtually Connecting | Enhancing the virtual event experience – Maha Bali and Rebecca Hogue and a host of others are experimenting with google Hangouts at conferences as a way of connecting the stay-at-homes with the conference attendees. Unscripted, w/o a net. – (DH a&e Hangouts DE )
- Wikifying Annotations – Mike imagines a world where notes and annotations are wikified and hence shareable in Pinboard. How about a link in the Pinboard note to a FedWiki page? Does that work? (http://sfw.mcmorgan.org) Gimme my memex! If we can't have flying cars, least we can have intertwingled tools. – (dh workflow notetaking notes annotation )
- Michael Joyce on early Hypertext Fiction – – (DH hypertext litcrit digital_literature )
- Resource Management, Note-taking + Abstracting – Words in Space – note taking, template for note taking, software for note taking. – (notetaking theory reading research )
- Reading Effectively – Words in Space – advice and strategies for reading theory, and a framework for designing PLEs. – (dh litcrit pedagogy notetaking ple )
- Using IFTTT To Track Twitter Participation – ProfHacker – Blogs – The Chronicle of Higher Education – – (diy )
- What is an Author? Michel Foucault: "What is an Author?" – – (authorship litcrit newmedia )
- Aspen no. 5+6, item 3: Three Essays – Death of the Author, Barthes. STYLE AND REPRESENTATION OF HISTORICAL TIME / GEORGE KUBLER. THE AESTHETICS OF SILENCE / SUSAN SONTAG – (newmedia litcrit )
- Say Everything – from The Best of Technology Writing 2008 – (web2.0 facebook en3177 )