- How Fine-Grained Will New Credentialism Get: Credit For Watching a TED Talk? – Slashdot – Slashdot weighs in where the Chronicle fears to tread. "I read the story and watched the video. Where's my certificate?" – (none)
- More BS from George F. Will – It's not about Will, or Trump, except by insinuation. But it is about bullshit.
"The bullshitter may not deceive us, or even intend to do so, either about the facts or about what he takes the facts to be. What he does necessarily attempt to deceive us about is his enterprise. His only indispensably distinctive characteristic is that in a certain way he misrepresents what he is up to." – (bs linguistics idiom jargon )
- Minimum Wage Machine pays in pennies – Visualizing work – (labor alienation art material information_design )
- Critical Literacy Course – PLE/Critical Literacies open course from Plearn CA. Start here to see how the model works. – (de ple openeducation opencourse newliteracy )
- Patterns of Change | Critical Literacies Online Course Blog – Excellent overview article on change, especially for sense of modeling and IA and design: linear, slope, driver, attractor, dialectic. Doesn't cover change in organic networks. – (critical_thinking design information_design visualization networks networking )
- Today’s Guardian (Phil Gyford’s website) – Although the finished site looks nothing like a newspaper I think it has more in common with newspapers’ best features than most news websites do. The sense of browsing quickly through stories and reading the ones that catch your eye, feels similar. – (weddesign wcw design )