- A Short History of CRAAP – Mike nails the central weaknesses in formula procedures.
> So let’s keep that in mind as we consider what to do in the future: contrary to public belief we did teach students online information literacy. It’s just that we taught them methodologies that were developed to decide whether to purchase reference sets for libraries.
Add this: the acronym was created to *teach* how to consider sources; it provides something to practice with, not to use in practice. All such acronyms are training wheels. One an acronym is learned, it should be set aside and insight gained from practice used, not the acronym. – (teaching nonteaching digital_literacy )
- North Korea best not … – Trump remixes Truman – (linguistics )
- US federal department is censoring use of term ‘climate change’, emails reveal – Just leaving a trace of the accepted terms here.
> “These records reveal Trump’s active censorship of science in the name of his political agenda,” said Meg Townsend, open government attorney at the Center for Biological Diversity. – (linguistics trump rhetoric semantics )
- Weblogs: Learning in Public- Jill Walker Rettberg | ETC Press – Meh become me. – (#en3177 digital_literacy blogging )
- To Read Well on Screens, Change Your Mindset | Culture Mulching – – (DH dgital_literacy reading_onscreen literacy_practices )
- Annotated Bibliography on Digital Reading | University of California – Berkeley – "annotated bibliography of articles, studies, surveys, and blog posts centered in various ways on the question of how people engage with digital texts " Some are solid, some are potboiler complaints. Range is from pop press to academic work – (DH reading digital_literacy attention_economy )
- Loco Parentis: Another Look at “Unwanted Advances” – The fall of university community and the influence of Title IX. – (none)
- jwz: The Library of Babel – Imagined in diagrams and sketchup. Derive this, my psychogeographical friends. – (none)
- Language Log » Metaphor of the month – A finer account of language use and Emerson's analysis for the linguist in each of us. Verily.
- The Loud, Empty Word That Defines President-Elect Trump – The Daily Beast – Trump's idiolect, register, memes, and Sapir-Whorf simplified.
> an administration that privileges the volume of the song more than its melody. Like the word itself, the 45th president is an indiscriminate megaphone, adding fire- and horsepower to whosoever holds his attention – (linguistics register memes )
- 3 tips for effectively using wikis for documentation – – (none)
- Yes, Digital Literacy. But Which One? – Literacy isn't a skill. It's mastery of a knowledge domain. – (digital_literacy )
- Queequeg’s Coffin: a Sermon for the Digital Human | Literacies | HYBRID PEDAGOGY – Reflections on digital writing in 2013. – (dh erhetoric )
- Digital Writing Uprising: Third-order Thinking in the Digital Humanities | Literacies | HYBRID PEDAGOGY – Oh boy. Right on time for WCW – to find a new name as Digital Writing for Professionals – and considering rhetorical velocity. – (wcw erhetoric digital_literacy scholarship2.0 )
- Augmenting Human Intellect: A Conceptual Framework – 1962 (AUGMENT,3906,) – Doug Engelbart Institute – part III walks thorough process of structuration and associative links. – (inspiration notebook notetaking DH )
- howard rheingold’s | tools for thought chap 9: bush and englebart – – (dh )
- debate: a connected world is a better world – – (dh twitter socialmedia )
- Reflections on the city from a post-flâneur – Maclennan – From proboscis, a bookleteer booklet. "This is a polemical and personal exposé of the place of children in the city and in the art world. The artist examines the experiences of being a mother and an artist in the city, and the reactions of others to artists with children." And http://bookleteer.com/ – (DH flaneur ArcadesProject materialworld )
- “Final draft”of Open Review: A Study of Contexts and Practices now available | MediaCommons – – (dh oer digital_literacy digitalpractices )
- Analyzing digital literacy with a single simple tweet – Brief consideration. – (digital_literacy twitter )
- Towards a comprehensive definition of digital skills – Brief model of literacy – with diagram! – (digital_literacy education )