I’ve postedÂ a couple of probes on blogging over on the Weblogs Daybook.Â Lovink on snark in blogging, and blogging is not in vain. I wanted to get them in front of students in the Weblogs class. From here on, I’ll post probes to this blog.
I’m also using CogDog’s flickr cc attribution helperÂ and advice for locating CC images. What a treat. Makes me want to search for and embed images all day.
- Will the last person to leave social media please – Another set of reasons to establish one's own blog, wiki, and domain: social sites serve policies for dollars and fold when the dosh runs short. Emerson, Self Reliance. – (DH weblogs socialmedia en3177 )
- Cut ‘n Paste Creative Commons Flickr Attribution Helper Now For Medium – Alan shows how to work with attribution. – (none)
- Why Monica (Crowley) Matters | ACADEME BLOG – "Crowley was actually breaking a law and also fraudulently claiming academic work as her own. Whatever we think of our copyright laws (and I do find them overly restrictive), they need to be respected at least as long as they are on the books." – (webpublishing copyright en3177 cc )
- DHQ: Digital Humanities Quarterly: A Review of Memes in Digital Culture – – (memes DH )
- The Rise Of The Screenshort™ – BuzzFeed News – – (blogging twitter screenshort )
- R.I.P. Blogging, Killed By Screenshorts – Using screenshots of a text note. – (blogging twitter )
- Why Free Is Not the Future of Digital Content in Education | WIRED – The good stuff is in the comments. Sometimes it's a joy to watch a self-serving educational publisher blather on about things outside her understanding. A brush this wide helps tar the entire enterprise. Well done MARY CULLINANE – (DE CC OER )
- Deploying a wiki – – (fedwiki )
- Fedwiki as a mockup prototype – Show FedWiki as a "mockup" prototype of Ward's next vision. Where as WikiWiki is a means for many to work on one piece of content (convergence) stored in one server, what if the similar mechanisms were in a place where we each manage our own small wiki, but through a network means, we can share and have it federated with collaborators. – (fedwiki rhetoric )
- Reflections on Federated Wiki Happening 2014 | catherinecronin – Forget if I tweeted this @catherinecronin reflection on #fedwiki yet, but it's well worth a read. – (fedwiki chorusofvoices )
- Reflection on #fedwiki: Two Tales of Two Forks | Francesbell’s Blog – This is a really thoughtful piece by @francesbell on forking in #fedwiki cc @WardCunningham – (fedwiki )
- Federated Wiki, Slow Cooperation, and a Kindle Parable | Hapgood – A Kindle Parable for #fedwiki participant's and a very partial reply to one part of @francesbell's post ;) – (fedwiki )
- Elsevier is taking down papers from Academia.edu | Sauropod Vertebra Picture of the Week – Can Elsevier be any more condescending? Welcome to Academics Got Talent, with Elsey playing Simon. – (academia2.0 copyright cc openaccess )
- Cult of Android MobileWhy Google Wants to ‘Can’ Your Messages | Cult of Android – sorry. im out of thr office but will get back 2 u when eye return. eof – (dh wcw erhetoric )