- The Ed Techie: Social media learning principles – Martin Weller on six principles to keep in mind while designing networked instruction.
1. <embed> is the universal acid of the web – we should build around it.
2. Simple with reach trumps complex with small audience.
3. Sharing is a motivation to participation – so make it easy and rewarding to do.
4. Start simple and let others build on top
5. Providing limitations frames input (Cf twitter, 12seconds, etc)
6. Complexity resides in the network not the application – (newmedia newliteracy socialmedia design educationaldesign teaching coursedesign )
- MediaShift . How Journalists Are Using Twitter in Australia | PBS – Excellent overview of uses by and responses to twitter in pro journalism. From ABC Australia. – (newmedia journalism citizenjournalism socialmedia Twitter )