- Donald Trump is unlikely to forgive the laughter of the UN | The Guardian – So many commentaries on the UN speech.
> The lead writer of the speech was reportedly Stephen Miller, now the primary bridge between the White House and the American far right. It showed. The address was a manifesto for nativism. – (rhetoric trump politics globalcapitalism )
- Anonymous Trump White House Official Pens New York Times Op-Ed Claiming to Resist Him – I see your raise and call.
> what you're confronting now is the end result of 40 years of conservative politics and all the government-is-the-problem malfeasance you've been imbibing since you were wingnuts in swaddling. – (culturejamming trump politics )
- That Time Telco Lobbyists Sent Me All Their Talking Points About Trying To Shift The Blame To Internet Companies | Techdirt – About those talking points …. – (netneutrality politics eff )
- Why Trump Supporters Don’t Care About Cohen’s Admission – The Atlantic – When white supremacy is there, right under our nose and we don’t sense it.
- I read six sycophantic pro-Trump books — and then I read Omarosa – Humph
> None of these books is especially memorable or useful on its own. As a genre, however, and a reflection of their subject, they are instructive. These books scarcely attempt to persuade; like Trump, they focus on the already converted. Pirro dismisses Trump’s critics with catchphrases rather than arguments. “Not on my watch,” she declares, as if that meant something. “Give me a break.” “Drives me nuts.” “I don’t think so.” And my favorite: “Don’t get me started on those wackadoos.” – (trump politics )
- Koch Network Pushes Back on Trump’s Washington | Time – Read the disclosure first, then the apologia for Koch and co.
> Disclosure: Time Inc., TIME’s parent company, was acquired by Meredith Corp. in a deal partially financed by Koch Equity Development, a subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc. – (rhetoric apologia politics )
- Donald Trump is taking US down the path to tyranny (opinion) – CNN – Closer and closer.
> The Nazi henchman Hermann Göring explained in Nuremberg prison how easy it is to mobilize the public to war: "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country." – (politics fascism trump )
- America must deal with Donald Trump, the first rogue president | Simon Tisdall | Opinion | The Guardian – The view from outside is clearer.
> The real Trump problem is not transatlantic. It is America’s to deal with. By now, Europeans have mostly rumbled him. But far too many Americans still don’t get it. Having long proclaimed the superiority of the US governance model, it transpires Congress is unable or unwilling to hold him in check. The unbalanced supreme court, soon to embrace another arch-conservative, is no defence against White House abuse of executive orders, and parti pris American media cannot be relied upon to tell truth to power. Rogue Trump is a crisis made in America. America is where it must be fixed. The world is watching, with diminishing sympathy. – (politics trump )
- John Kelly says separating families isn’t cruel – Vox – Cruelty and liberal ideology. – (politics ideology )