- Why are liberals now cheerleading a warmongering Trump? | Owen Jones | Opinion | The Guardian – Handing over the keys?
> History shows that war presents the ideal opportunity for the authoritarian-minded to amass, consolidate and concentrate power. Dissent can be more easily portrayed as treachery; jingoism sweeps the nation, boosting the popularity of the ruler; critics fall into line; constitutional norms can be disregarded at a time of national crisis. – (polemic politics rhetoric_of_action trump )
- Melania Trump and the politics of airbrushing – The Washington Post – Fashion meets politics in the open media, with some semiotics chucked in to start the discussion. "Mahaux has given the public a two-dimensional version of Trump: just the gloss, just the facade. Trump is the fantasy, the dream." – (visualrhetoric semiotics politics )
- Iain Sinclair · The Last London · LRB 30 March 2017 – Everybody's city becomes someone else's. – (london psychogeography )
- [toread] Sensemaking artifacts « Connectivism – – (artifacts mooc curating )
- Getting it Straight in Notting Hill Gate HISTORYtalk – Local history of Notting Hill and Portobello Rd by London music journalist. Good read. – (history London punk )
- As their parents’ generation flocks to Facebook, teens look to Twitter for social refuge | Appleton Post Crescent | postcrescent.com – – (#a&e2012 )
- Montage – Social media curation page. Select and publish. – (socialmedia curating )