- Pigeons and Personalization: The Histories of “Personalized Learning” – Take your pick, says Audrey. Show your politics.
> But “personalization” is not simply how we cope with our desire for individuality in an age of mass production, of course. It’s increasingly how we’re sold things. It’s how we are profiled, how we are segmented, how we are advertised to. – (education globalcapitalism )
- Donald Trump Poisons the World – With toxic positioning – Trump's "cleareyed outlook that the world is not a ‘global community’ but an arena where nations, nongovernmental actors and businesses engage and compete for advantage" makes the global community a global hallucination. Asserts the only position is his. Closes debate. Explains his spectacle. Illustrates how politics differs from business. Assigns us each our role. – (trump rhetoric politics globalcapitalism )
- A Parallax Reading of Roethke’s “My Papa’s Waltz” | samplereality – Bringing close reading into focus. Method! – (modernism litcrit DH )
- [toread] The Rise of Antisocial Deconstructivism – – (none)
- elearnspace › learning, networks, knowledge, technology, community – Commercial interests are turning the human into the technology. Is it time to abandon ship and let's the fools sail themselves into the maelstrom? Maybe. But it's a more appealing option then it was. – (globalcapitalism dehumanization Higher Education edtech )
- [toread] We spent two weeks wearing employee trackers: Here’s what we learned – – (tracking biometrics sociometrics panopticon )