- Donald Trump is taking US down the path to tyranny (opinion) – CNN – Closer and closer.
> The Nazi henchman Hermann Göring explained in Nuremberg prison how easy it is to mobilize the public to war: "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country." – (politics fascism trump )
- America must deal with Donald Trump, the first rogue president | Simon Tisdall | Opinion | The Guardian – The view from outside is clearer.
> The real Trump problem is not transatlantic. It is America’s to deal with. By now, Europeans have mostly rumbled him. But far too many Americans still don’t get it. Having long proclaimed the superiority of the US governance model, it transpires Congress is unable or unwilling to hold him in check. The unbalanced supreme court, soon to embrace another arch-conservative, is no defence against White House abuse of executive orders, and parti pris American media cannot be relied upon to tell truth to power. Rogue Trump is a crisis made in America. America is where it must be fixed. The world is watching, with diminishing sympathy. – (politics trump )
- Trump appointee guts UN document on racism, says leaders don’t have duty to condemn hate speech – CNNPolitics – The problem when a fascist faces language.
"Not being able to support this kind of language is indicative of an administration that has to defend a President who has said that Mexicans are rapists, white nationalists are 'fine people,' and that Muslims shouldn't be allowed to travel to America," Berschinksi said. – (trump rhetoric fascism )
- Fintan O’Toole: Trial runs for fascism are in full flow – It takes an outside view to see clearly.
> Fascism doesn’t arise suddenly in an existing democracy. It is not easy to get people to give up their ideas of freedom and civility. You have to do trial runs that, if they are done well, serve two purposes. They get people used to something they may initially recoil from; and they allow you to refine and calibrate. This is what is happening now and we would be fools not to see it. – (trump fascism )
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the Red Hen Restaurant, and Who Deserves a Place at the Table | The New Yorker – The table as a site of civility – for the civil. – (socialpractices trump rhetoric_of_action )
- Melania Trump’s Flack Jacket – The AtlanticThe start of a semiotics of the Trumps
- Trump’s Genius Is His Entertaining Idiocy | The Nation – > Trump’s genius for distraction, self-pity, and entertaining idiocy succeeds not only in normalizing his psychopathic behavior and malevolent prejudices but also in hiding the fact that institutions that protect our freedom and democratic rights are teetering beneath a ferocious assault. We fiddle; they burn. – (trump fascism )
- Trump Is Making Us All Live in His Delusional Reality Show – Resist. Live in truth.
> We live in a lie now, perpetrated from the very top, enhanced by relentless propaganda, and designed to shore up what is a cult. It is growing in strength. It is precisely now that we must manage at every moment to dispel it. And then to vote, en masse, for its extinction. – (rhetoric resistance fascism trump )